Sunday, September 13, 2009

Chip Chop Goes to Hollywood!

If you can ignore the little paragraph over there -----> that says self-promotion is limited to once a week, I just want to introduce you to the new season by one of my fav labels, Melbourne's Chip Chop. So, technically, it's not totally self-promotion, and by that assumption I'd be victorious if it came down to a lawsuit, Boston Legal style. At any rate, Chip Chop's last collection indpired by all things Pommy was a massive massive hit, picking up editorial in everything from Shoptilyoudrop to Harper's. This range promises no less, taking it's cue from the glitz and glam of Hollywood, tongue firmly in cheek.

For those of you who love the cotton canvas tote bags (they feel more like denim) you'll love the sparkly silver and bright pink print of the Le fame bag ($90) - I have the old school Love print on black in this style (sorry loves, it was a limited edition!) and I, well, love it to bits, as I can fit all neccessary equipment for taking a tot out for the day, or cramming paperwork/diaries/cameras/books for buying-slash-shopping trips to Melbourne. Or, for a party clutch that screams look at me but goives nothing away, the No Comment clutch looks a bit like a pencil case but has serious street cred. And at $40, it's a total steal.

Chip Chop has been one of our labels here at the Frock since we began, and it's been awesome to watch them grow. Hannah's talent for simple and totally effective tshirt prints is what really got them on the map - take this season's Waitress tee ($70)...read it and smirk!

My fave though is the Movie Lines tee ($70), not because it will encourage people to stare at your chest, but because it contains my favourite movie line of all time: "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn..."

No comments:

Post a Comment